Monday, November 15, 2021

Learning to make connections

Yesterday I learnt how to make connections with text to text and text to self. We had to read four story's from the ToiToi website, the story's were amazing. There was one about ANZAC day, it was a very cool poem. (it almost made me cry.) 
Today

Remembrance Day

Remembering you by the poppy fields as red as blood

Sacrifice in the mud

The guns, the bombs and cruel barbed wire

The trenches, the food, the scorching fires

Your letter to me, I will keep close to my heart

I will never forget you, we will never part

The flag raised swiftly in the sky

Showing your courage where you might lie

The Last Post plays loud and clear

Now I feel as if you’re near

What have you been through?

I have no clue

But never, ever will I forget you

Its really nice... It was very, VERY, time consuming to do all this work! 


Did you like the poem? I certainly do  

1 comment:

  1. Hey Samuel, I also really like the poem. About ANZAC Day, Though I may not know much about WWI or WWII, that poem sounded emotional. Talking about the barbed wires, and the bombs, and the fires, I think this poem sounds very emotional and sacrificial. Ka kite!

    ReplyDelete