Friday, August 20, 2021

My model soldiers battle of Sicily

Today I made a scene with model soldiers of the WWII the battle of Sicily. I chose this battle of because most of the model soldiers that I have could be in it. It was a joint American, British, Commonwealth invasion it was defended by Italian and German troops.  

The battle of Sicily was the start of the allied invasion of Europe and it proved to be relatively bloodless and short taking a little over a month. It was very important in the war effort, though it is mostly overshadowed by the Normandy landings.

for this battle I used a lot of soldiers and here's the list:
1. Airfix 1/72 British commandos WWII
2. Airfix 1/72 British infantry WWII
3. Airfix 1/72 Gurkhas WWII
4. Airfix 1/72 U.S. Marines WWII
5. Airfix 1/72 U.S. Paratroops WWII 
6. Italeri 1/72 Free French infantry WWII 
7. Italeri 1/72 Elite German troops WWII 

Here are some pictures of my scene: 



 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Samuel.
    Great to see you using paragraphs to group your ideas. Thanks for sharing your knowledge about the Battle of Sicily. It is nice to hear that the battle was relatively bloodless and short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi samuel I like how you used a pool table for a battlefield of ww2 and i hope you have a great day see you later bye.

    ReplyDelete